Lecture: Germany’s Transformed Multilateralism – European Security and the Transatlantic Relationship, March 31, 2012
EUCE York is pleased to be facilitating the participation of Peter Schmidt (Honorary Professor, University of Mannheim/Senior Fellow, Aspen Institute, Berlin) in 2012 Glendon Germany Symposium which will take place on Saturday, March 31, 2012. This annual symposium is overseen by students in the International Studies Program at York University’s Glendon College and each it takes a close look at a particular country or region.
The 2012 Germany Symposium will consider a number of themes relevant to contemporary Germany including:
- the euro crisis
- security and the German Basic Law
- Germany’s place in Europe.
Peter Schmidt will take part in a panel entitled “Germany’s Transformed Multilateralism: European Security and the Transatlantic Relationship” along with:
- Beverly Crawford (Associate Director and Associate Research Political Scientist, Centre for German and European Studies, University of California at Berkeley)
- Benjamin Zyla (Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Ottawa)
- Lt. Col. Kay Kuhlen (German Defense Attaché, German Embassy, Ottawa).
This event is open to all. For more information, visit the Glendon Germany Symposium website or write <firstname.lastname@example.org>